Make Big Island, Hawaii, Your Vacation Spot
Developed by Laurance S. Rockefeller in the mid-1960s, Mauna Kea was Kohala Coast’s first luxury resort property and has defined Hawaiian luxury living ever since. Enjoy unlimited access to two of the world’s best white sand beaches, Kauna’oa and Hapuna, as well as two world-class golf courses: the legendary Mauna Kea Golf Course with its world-famous third hole, and Hapuna Golf Course, which offers a remarkable coastline view from the twelfth hole. Indulge in the luxury and unparalleled natural beauty that is the Mauna Kea Resort.
Explore True Luxury Travel and Living
Take a dip in the swimming pool, complete with a swim up palapa bar and waterfall grotto with hot tub. Retreat to the luxurious Master Suite for ultimate indoor/outdoor living with his and hers waterfall sinks, a jetted rock tub and a walk-in rock shower with miniature waterfall. Uniquely designed to echo the natural and open atmosphere of Hawaii, every detail of Hale Pau Hana was carefully crafted to facilitate relaxation and tranquility.
The Many Amenities
The property features five bedrooms, five bathrooms and two half bathrooms. You will be surrounded by multiple water features as you vacation on the 5,358 square feet property. All of the landscaping in pristine with lush tropical flora, palms, heliconia and plumeria. Take a swim in the pool with a palapa bar or lounge in the waterfall grotto encased Jacuzzi. This is seamless indoor-outdoor living.
Book Your Trip Today
You can get in touch with Destinations in Paradise by giving us a call or you can enter your travel dates to check availability for Big Island, Hawaii. We also have a contact form available for general questions and comments. We are always ready to help you set up your reservation.
For international inquiries, please email us and we’ll return your call within 24-48 hours.
- Secluded Big Island paradise
- Ocean and coastline views from every room
- Living area: vaulted wood ceilings that gather into a large octagonal skylight along with floor to ceiling glass pocket doors that open fully to the lanai | Generous seating and an entertainment center with 55” flat screen HDTV, Sonos player, iPod dock, DVD & CD players, wireless internet throughout
- Circular, open floor plan encourages airflow, movement and conversation | Floor to ceiling pocket doors provide for delightful cross breezes | Warm, colorful décor | Beautiful original artwork | Vintage Casablanca fans | Asian icons | Stylish brand-new wall coverings
- Modern kitchen: New appliances | Opens up to living area
- Bonus kitchen: Extra oven | dishwasher | Perfect for supplies or staff overflow
- Master suite: Ocean view pavilion overlooks the pool, golf course and Kohala coastline | Private balcony | Seating area | California King bed
- Master bath: His and her waterfall sinks | Jetted rock tub | Walk-in rock shower with miniature waterfall
- Guest bedrooms: En suite full baths | Flat screen TVs | Ocean views | Private balcony | Outdoor shower | Magnificent high ceilings | Floor to ceiling teak doors that open completely to the lanai | Spiral staircase
- Garage: Washer/dryer | Wine fridge
- Located within the exclusive Mauna Kea Resort and close to Hapuna Prince Resort
- Mauna Kea Resort includes fitness center and spa, golf course, beach and pool services, resort restaurants, shopping, tennis club and concierge services
- 5 bedrooms | 5 baths | 2 half baths | 5,358 square feet
- Home Exterior: Impressive entrance, walkways | Impeccably groomed exterior | Multiple water features | Lush tropical flora including palms, heliconia and plumeria
- Outdoor features: Swimming pool | Poolside palapa bar | Waterfall grotto with encased Jacuzzi | Weber BBQ | Plentiful lounger seating
- Seamless indoor/outdoor living