Make Big Island, Hawaii, Your Vacation Spot
Developed by Laurance S. Rockefeller in the mid-1960s, Mauna Kea was Kohala Coast’s first luxury resort property and has defined Hawaiian luxury living ever since. Indulge in unlimited access to endless, white sand beaches – Kauna’oa and Hapuna, known as two of the world’s best oceanside retreats. A golfer’s paradise Mauna Kea boasts two world-class golf courses: the legendary Mauna Kea Golf Course with it’s world-famous third hole, along with remarkable coastline views from the twelfth hole on Hapuna Golf Course. Bask in the luxury and unparalleled natural beauty that is the Mauna Kea Resort.
Experience The Finer Things In Life
Bathe in the refreshing waters of the swimming pool complete with a swim up palapa bar or ease tired muscles in the hot tub with a waterfall grotto as it’s backdrop. Retire to the luxurious Master Suite for ultimate indoor/outdoor living with his and hers waterfall sinks, a jetted rock tub and a walk in rock shower with miniature waterfall. Uniquely designed to echo the natural and open atmosphere of Hawaii, every detail of Hale Pau Hana was carefully crafted to facilitate relaxation and tranquility.
The Many Amenities
The expansive property features five bedrooms, five bathrooms and two half bathrooms in the 5,358 square foot estate. Pristine and lush tropical flora, palms, heliconia and plumeria surround the landscape along with numerous water features peppered throughout. The perfect property to experience the seamlessness of indoor-outdoor living.
- Secluded Big Island paradise
- Ocean and coastline views from every room
- Living area: vaulted wood ceilings that gather into a large octagonal skylight along with floor to ceiling glass pocket doors that open fully to the lanai | Generous seating and an entertainment center with 55” flat screen HDTV, Sonos player, iPod dock, DVD & CD players, wireless internet throughout
- Circular, open floor plan encourages airflow, movement and conversation | Floor to ceiling pocket doors provide for delightful cross breezes | Warm, colorful décor | Beautiful original artwork | Vintage Casablanca fans | Asian icons | Stylish brand-new wall coverings
- Modern kitchen: New appliances | Opens up to living area
- Bonus kitchen: Extra oven | dishwasher | Perfect for supplies or staff overflow
- Master suite: Ocean view pavilion overlooks the pool, golf course and Kohala coastline | Private balcony | Seating area | California King bed
- Master bath: His and her waterfall sinks | Jetted rock tub | Walk-in rock shower with miniature waterfall
- Guest bedrooms: En suite full baths | Flat screen TVs | Ocean views | Private balcony | Outdoor shower | Magnificent high ceilings | Floor to ceiling teak doors that open completely to the lanai | Spiral staircase
- Garage: Washer/dryer | Wine fridge
- Located within the exclusive Mauna Kea Resort and close to Hapuna Prince Resort
- Mauna Kea Resort includes fitness center and spa, golf course, beach and pool services, resort restaurants, shopping, tennis club and concierge services
- 5 bedrooms | 5 baths | 2 half baths | 5,358 square feet
- Home Exterior: Impressive entrance, walkways | Impeccably groomed exterior | Multiple water features | Lush tropical flora including palms, heliconia and plumeria
- Outdoor features: Swimming pool | Poolside palapa bar | Waterfall grotto with encased Jacuzzi | Weber BBQ | Plentiful lounger seating
- Seamless indoor/outdoor living