Make Mendocino, California, Your Vacation Spot
Far from remote, Mendocino’s thriving community, seaside villages and natural beauty offer the best of both worlds — ultimate tranquility with every modern-day convenience imaginable. Named “The Most Beautiful Community in the US” by the LA Times, Mendocino is visually arresting from the mature redwood trees and crystal clear beaches to the only oceanfront botanical gardens in the U.S.
Luxury Travel & Living At It’s Finest
Nightly views of the sun glowing amber behind the rugged cliffs of California’s North Coast gave name to Sunset Cove – a contemporary, architectural masterpiece steeped in luxury, located in the heart of Mendocino. Historically recognized as the site of the 1850s shipwreck of “The Frolic,” locals are known to collect sunken treasures that have washed up on shore. Coastal with constant 60 degree weather and neighboring eateries, unique boutiques, local art galleries and Anderson Valley’s incredible wineries – it’s easy to get lost in the city’s charm.
The Many Amenities
At 6,385 square feet, this hideaway features four bedrooms, four bathrooms, an award-winning chef’s kitchen, media room, wine cellar and a separate guest wing. Lose yourself in the percussion of the waves touching sand at Sunset Cove, where the line between indoors and outdoors is blurred.
- Coastal estate with everyday conveniences
- Anchored in non-erodible bedrock 35 ft. from the cliffs
- Award-winning Kitchen: Flamed granite countertops; Wolf range top; warming drawer; six subzero drawers; four refrigerators; two freezers; wine cooler; large walk-in pantry
- Living room: Large antique Italian limestone hearth; wall of windows with ocean views
- Master: his and her baths and dressing rooms; Jura limestone showers; Japanese soaking tub; ocean views through wall of windows
- Interior features: Fleetwood and Pozzi floor-to-ceiling windows; Velux remote controlled skylights; vignette windows framing the natural landscape; first-growth redwood beams; artisanal millwork; sustainably-harvested African Mirabau hardwood and travertine flooring; German Siematic cabinetry; three fireplaces; Lutron light system; radiant heating system; ocean views throughout
- Media room | wine cellar | art gallery
- Proximity to wineries, art galleries and local boutiques
- 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 2 half baths
- Location: 93-acre end-of-road cul-de-sac near a 300-acre preserve with gated entry; anchored in 35 ft. deep non-erodible bedrock; in the heart of Mendocino, which was named the “Most Beautiful Community in the US” by the LA Times
- Outdoors: numerous decks made of indestructible ironwood; direct ocean views; park-like gardens; cascading water features
- Exterior features: clad with first-growth redwood; custom-made copper and stainless steel light fixtures; copper gutters, downspouts, and fasteners; UV protected windows; UV protected skylights with automatic moisture-sensing closings; commercial grade generator
- Ultimate indoor/outdoor living